Tuesday 13 May 2014

Doing the Animal Bop!

This term in the Nursery, we are looking forward to sharing books written by the author Jan Ormerod and illustrated by Lindsey Gardiner - we hope you enjoy them too!


This is what we thought when we took a look at the front cover of 'Doing the Animal Bop! . . . 

Felicity - "Oh - it's got a cow in it, and a monkey and an ostrich!"

Alisha - "There's lots of animals"

We read the title and wondered what the 'Animal Bop' might be!

Felicity - "Bopping to music? - They are dancing!"

Ava - "Shall we find out and see? We could have a look in the book - we could read"

There certainly were a lot of animals . . . 

Esme - "It looks like they're dancing!"

Bailey - "The elephant one - he stomps!"

Ava - "I liked it when the rhino was dancing"

Felicity - "I liked it when the monkey was bopping!"

The children thought about what else they liked . . . 

Jessica - I liked the snake - because it makes a song"

Jacob - "I liked the cow part - because it was funny"

Alisha - "I liked the cow when it was mooing!"

We all joined in with that part!

Noah - "I liked the bit with the monkeys - it's funny - when they couldn't stop swinging"

Evie - "I liked the chicken cluck"

Evan W - "The elephant bit - the mouse on his trunk - that's why I like it"

Reece - "I've got a trunk!" (demonstrated with his arm)

Lottie - "I liked his feet - cause they were stomping. The trunk - elephants put water in their trunk and then they blow bubbles! And I like the patterns on his feet"

If you sometimes dance and you like to sing, the animal bop is just your thing. Jump and jiggle, jive and wriggle . . . this will make you laugh and giggle.

Join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment