Thursday 21 November 2013

Night Monkey Day Monkey!

This lovely story made us laugh!
"Hey!" said Day Monkey. "There's a banana! How can it manage to fly?"
Night Monkey laughed and said, "Don't be daft, that banana's the moon in the sky"

Night Monkey and Day Monkey's worlds are as different as . . .  night and day! But in laughing at each other's misunderstandings they learn to be the best of friends.

Here are a few examples of what the nursery children said about the book . . .

Violet - "I liked the bit when he said 'Can't get me!"

Ruby - "I liked the butterflies when they had make-up on"

Alfie - "I liked the Dark Monkey I did - cause he couldn't swing like the Day Monkey - he was hanging with one arm"

Evan W - "I like it when Monkey woke up in the night"

Jacob - "The monkey eat the bananas!"

Archie - "I liked the frogs!"

Maisy - "I liked the Day Monkey and the Night Monkey, I liked both and they shared the bananas at the end"

Click on here to listen to the story being read by Christopher Eccleston! (listen to story) 

No comments:

Post a Comment