Friday 29 November 2013

The Gruffalo!

This was already a familiar and very popular book with a lot of the children!

A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood.
A fox saw the mouse and the mouse looked good.
Ember - "I've got that book at home! It's a little bit smaller, but it's the same one"

Ava - "I've got a Gruffalo book at home and you press the buttons, they make a noise!"

As we read the story, several children enjoyed joining in with the repetitive text and some of them made predictions about 
what was going to happen next . . . 

Lexie-Mai - "Gruffalo will be dangerous"

Felicity - "I know what it is - it's a snake!"

Alisha - "I think it's an owl"

Bethan, Alisha, Georgia and Noah were very good at remembering what the Gruffalo's favourite food was each time!

We thought about our favourite characters . . .

Alisha - "I liked the Gruffalo - he has purple prickles all over his back"

Gethin - "I liked the mouse - cause he's smiling!"

Harley - "I liked the fox - cause he was smiling and I liked the owl - cause he's floating away from the Gruffalo"


Our Gruffalo and Mouse enjoyed sharing the book together - which do you think was their favourite part?

We were all very excited when we had a very special visitor . . . 


                   











A huge 'thank you' to Noah and his family for bringing in their wonderful friend - he has been very well behaved during his time in Nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment