Friday 27 June 2014

If You're Happy and You Know It!

We were all looking forward to sharing our next book from 
Jan Ormerod and Lindsey Gardiner . . . 
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands . . .
or wag your tail, snap your beak and jump about!


Bethan - "The little girl sang a song!"

We all joined in with the start of the song - but got a suprise
when we turned the page!
Daisy - "I liked the doggy - cause he wagged his tail"

Ava - "I liked it when the dog swung his tail around"

Archie - "I liked the dog, cause he said 'wiggle your tail!"

After all that tail wagging from the small brown dog, there was some ear 
flapping from the elephant . . .

Evan W - "I liked the elephant because he was flapping his ears!"

Archie - "The elephant - cause he flapped his ears"

The most popular animal though was the crocodile!

Maisy - "I liked the crocodile - cause it goes 'snap'!"

Cameron - "The crocodile snapped his teeth - he's got lots and lots of teeth"

Esme - "I liked the crocodile - cause he said 'snap your teeth'!"

Evie - "The crocodile - he snapped his teeth"

Sam - "I liked the crocodile that snapped his teeth"

This was closely followed by the gorilla . . .

Ruby - "I liked the gorilla cause we were doing this!" 
(demonstrated beating her chest)

Ember - "My favourite bit was . . . the gorilla did this . . . banged his chest!" 
(demonstrated!)

Maisy - "I liked the gorilla cause he done this!" 
(Maisy demonstrated beating her chest)

Oliver PS - "I liked the gorilla cause it did that" 
(demonstrated beating his chest)

There was lots of jumping around from the kangaroos! 

Milena - "I liked the kangaroo because he boinged up and down"

Jessica - "I liked the kangaroo because he jumped"

Noah liked the kangaroo "because he went boing, boing, boing!"

The children were rolling about on the floor laughing like the hyenas . . . 

Bailey - "I saw hyenas at the safari park"

Alisha - "I liked the hyena - because he is laughing!"

Summa - "The hyena - because it was laughing and tickling"

So, when you're happy and you know it, do your own thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment